These are the MINIMUM Computer Specifications that we support:
We recommend discussing what will work best for your business, with an IT Professional.
Computer Buying Tips
- Don’t try and save money on your hardware.
- The cost of your computer hardware is small compared to the cost of the software you will be running on it or the aggravation of waiting for the computer to catch up with you.
- Try to avoid buying packaged computers from retailers that come with a lot of features to help you surf the internet, play computer games or other recreational computer activities, but have low overall performance.
- Some older versions of CABINET VISION may operate on Windows 8 or Windows 7
- macOS is not a supported platform for CABINET VISION
Hexagon Production Software products are supported and tested on 64-bit systems. CABINET VISION is a 32-bit application.
- CABINET VISION will install and run on all Window Server editions that are currently supported by Microsoft, including Microsoft Terminal Services.
- It is also recommended to use Gigabit Ethernet switches with Category 5e/6 cables to get best network performance.
For further information: CABINET VISION Document on Server Recommendations
2 gigahertz (GHz) processor
8GB DDR Ram
Hard Disk Space
15GB free hard disk space for installation + additional space for saving jobs
Graphics & Video Card
+Tour Add-on for CABINET VISION: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, AMD Radeon RX 580 or better graphic card with at least 4 GB of native video RAM.
“*NOTE: We are currently experiencing issues with AMD's latest video drivers on previous versions of CABINET VISION; so avoiding AMD cards with a new computer purchase is recommended at this time."
2 button with scroll wheel Windows compatible mouse
With high-resolution monitors entering the market, similar to 4k and 5k, you may find windows changes your scaling settings. CABINET VISION was not built with scaling options. If you experience slowness or the mouse pointer is not in sync with what you are clicking on, please change Windows settings back to 100%.
For Keyed Versions of CABINET VISION: USB 2.0 or 3.0 port for single user security key
Internet is now considered essential. Planit has now moved to a digital distribution for CABINET VISION, where we email a link to download with a file size of around ~9GB.
Keyless Licences of CABINET VISION require a stable internet.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.