The cost of your computer hardware is small compared to the cost of the software you will be running on it or the aggravation of waiting for the computer to catch up with you.
Don’t try and save money on your hardware – you will regret it later.
Purchase the newest, fastest computer you can afford.
Try to avoid buying packaged computers from discount retailers that come with a lot of features to help you surf the internet, play computer games or other recreational computer activities but have low overall performance.
If you are unfamiliar with computer configurations, ask for an industry standard commercial quality computer to use in your business. Tell your computer supplier you are going to be using the computer for CAD based applications so that he can make appropriate recommendations.
Supported Operating Systems
We recommend you install the latest service packs for the supported operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise
Please Note: Planit software has been reported to install and run on the 'Home' editions of the above operating systems. However, this is not what is recommended and therefore Planit will not be held accountable for any issues that arise that are specifically related to utilising these NON recommended operating systems.
- Windows 8 RT is not supported by Alphacam
- Windows XP is now no longer supported by Alphacam
- 32 or 64-bit Intel Pentium 4 processor (2 GHz or faster), Intel Xeon, Intel Core, AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, AMD Phemnom or later, in single, dual or quad core versions
- To make the most of background processing and multi-threading, we recommend a 64-bit operating system
- If running Alphacam alongside Cabinet Vision, please install as 32-Bit application