Q: I want to create the effect of under mounted lights for me upper cabinets. How can I do this?
A: Solid gives you the ability to add a light to any object for presentation purposes.
1. Start a new job and place an upper cabinet on a wall
2. Move into the Evaluation View
3. Right click the screen, away from the Cabinet & Wall, Then Select 'Add Light'
4. Change the type to Under Cabinet, select the box to Auto Fill Counter Top Lighting, then Ok.
5. Now Swap back and forth between Plan and Evaluation Views and position the light exactly as you want
6. Go Back to the Plan view and place a base cabinet under the Upper and build a counter top.
7. Now go to 3D and do a PhotoVision render of the view
8. Notice the light that is reflecting onto the countertop