New Policy regarding older versions of Alphacam
With Alphacam 2017 R2 now released, Planit is taking the time to inform you of an upcoming policy change being brought in by Vero Software (Owners of Alphacam)
As of October 1st, 2017, Alphacam will begin to move older versions into a 'Sunset State'. Software in Sunset State will run as normal, but due to changes in systems, computer hardware and Microsoft Windows compliance it can no longer be upgraded, purchase additional licences, provide a new USB Key, supported or updated in any way. In summary, this means that:
- We will not be able to assist with any issues with your PC, dongle or license
- Should you wish to update your software or have a problem with a license in a Sunset State, you will need to purchase a completely new license of software
If you have a licence of Alpahcam 2014 R1 or older, a perpetual license (RELEASE Code) will be issued prior to your license being Sunset. This will take place automatically and needs no involvement from yourself. Those clients who decide not to upgrade will run the risk of losing access to replacement keys or other purchases which could result in halted or interrupted production. Additionally, as with all software, older versions risk encountering problems with any new Microsoft products, computers or machines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are you doing this?
Like most software developers, Alphacam uses the latest technology available to ensure features are included and the software is compatible to provide the right tools for the modern manufacturer. Alphacam are investing heavily in developing the software in your best interest and want to encourage you to have access to these latest features.
The changes will enable Alphacam to grow the software much further and continue to offer the most value to our customers. We at Planit intend to do our utmost to help our clients through this transition.
If I don’t upgrade, will I still be able to run Alphacam?
Yes. You’ll still be able to run your version of the software for as long as your computer(s), machine(s) and operating system can support it. However, should you require any additional keys or licenses, we will no longer have access to your version of Alphacam. We will only be able to ship the latest version (currently 2017 R2). This includes upgrades, added licences, replacement licences, etc.
Planit advises the best action is to update now before it potentially costs your business money in downtime and loss of production. To assist, We have put together an offer to ensure it is affordable to get up-to-date. But it won't last long:
Our Offer includes:
- Update to Alphacam 2017 R2 and protect your investment & save in the long run
- By joining Customer Care or our Software Maintenance Program - you will receive all releases over the 12 month period
- Tailor our training options to suit your business' needs. We have online, in-house and onsite training options available.
- 3 Month Payment Plan, with month 1 being your deposit (Fees Waivered) - This will help with your businesses all important cash-flow.
- Access to Tutorial Videos and Handy Tips & Tricks Videos to ensure you quickly build your skills in the latest features.
Make an investment in 2017 into your business. Ensure you have the right technology in your business to make the most of the opportunities that lie ahead.
Don't miss this Opportunity! Offer ends strictly 5pm, Friday 29th September 2017 (AEST).
Contact us on the details below to talk to one of our team and
find out the cost for your level of software.
Call us on 1300 855 411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms & Conditions Apply. Speak to our CSR Team, your Territory Manager or see below for more information