Nesting• New True Shape nesting engine provides improved optimization and much improved speed.
User Interface Enhancements• New gradient screen background, for both shaded and wireframe modes
• Reconfigured and simplified default toolbar configuration and layout
• Several new, more specific toolbars for easier organization and access to Alphacam commands
Lead-In/Out Enhancements• New functionality to automatically apply lead-in/out moves during the Rough or Finish process
• Enhanced options to allow Arc Radius and Approach/Retract Angle values to be specified independently for lead-in and lead-out moves
• New Set as Default and Get Defaults options when applying lead-in/out moves allows for current settings to be easily saved and recalled (these defaults are also used when applying automatic leads in Rough or Finish process)
• Can now edit Lead-In/Outs for an operation via the Project Manager
Editable and Associative 3D Machining Operations• Can now edit machining data for most 3D machining operations from the Project Manager
• New Set Start Point and Set Center Point commands added to right-click menu in the Project Manager’s Operation tab. These commands allow these points to be easily changed without having to reapply the tool path. Upon changing these points, the tool path is automatically updated to reflect the change.
• The surfaces, solids and boundaries used for machining and foul checking are now displayed within the operation in the Project Manager. In addition solids, surfaces, boundaries can be easily added to or removed from the operation via the right-click menu for the respective item. When adding/removing objects from the operation, the operation is automatically updated to reflect the changes.
• Many 3D machining operations now maintain associativity for commands such as move, rotate, scale, etc. When the original geometry is modified (e.g., moved, scaled, etc.) the operation can be updated and the respective tool paths are regenerated to reflect the change to the geometry.
Editable and Associative Profiled-Side Operations• Profiled Side operations can now be edited and updated after re-opening the drawing (previously disabled after closing the drawing).
• New Edit Reference Point command added to the right-click menu in the Project Manager’s Operation tab for Profiled Side operations. Upon changing these points, the operation is updated automatically and the tool paths are regenerated to reflect the change.
• New Edit Side Profile command added to the right-click menu in the Project Manager’s Operation tab for Profiled Side operations. This command makes it easy to replace one profile-side tool path with another without having to redo the entire operation.
• The profile geometry now maintains associativity with its tool paths. When the original profile geometry is modified (e.g., filleted, scaled, etc.) the operation can be updated and the respective tool paths are regenerated to reflect the change to the geometry.
New Rest Machining / Pencil Tracing 3D Machining Strategy• Much improved Rest Machining / Pencil Trace 3D machining strategies have been implementation from Planit 3D machining engine.
Redo• New Redo command allows reversing of the Undo command (or multiple Undo commands). In addition, along with this comes much improved Undo support.
• New Copy Operation command quickly creates a duplicate of the selected operation, the resulting operation can then be edited independently of the original.
Move to Own Operation• New Move to Own Operation command allows for a geometry to be easily moved from within its current sub-operation to its own sub-operation, the operation can then be edited independently of the original grouping.
Many Ease of Use Commands Added to the Project Manager Context Menus• New Update command allows updating of individual operations
• New Delete Layer command allows user layers to be easily deleted
• New Create Group command allows to easily group select objects
• New Remove Group command allows easy ungrouping of selected objects
Wire Module Enhancements• Wire operations are now be edited and updated
• Now contains Machining Style support
• 4-axis cuts are now supported within work planes
AutoStyles Enhancements• Improved interface now contains an updated toolbar
• An open AutoStyle can now be applied directly to the active drawing from the main editing dialog
• A new AutoStyle can now be created directly from the main editing dialog
• Can now save the open AutoStyle as a different AutoStyle directly from the main editing dialog
• Improved portability support allows AutoStyle files to be more reliably copied from one computer to another
General Enhancements• New IGES Healing extra cost option provides cleaner, more robust IGES conversion
• New Waves add-in adds three new commands that allow easy creation of sine wave type geometries. These sine wave geometries can then be used to create various types of textures (e.g., wave boards, textured walls, etc.).
• Much improved support for machining of large STL parts
• New Include Surfaces option within 3D Solid Machining allows for surfaces and solids to be machined together
• New Auto option when specifying values for Cut Between Z Levels within 3D surface/solid machining
• Improved display of STL parts
• New Reverse Face Color command allows reversing of red and silver faces on STL parts
• New option to output STL files as binary (much smaller file size)
• Improved performance with Spiral 3D machining strategy on larger parts
• CAD | Magnify command now exists in Standard and Essential levels
• CAD | Move Dimension command now exists in Essential level
• Many more…